Keeping Safe Online
Like you, we take on-line safety very seriously and there are lots of ways that you can keep your child safe online. Here are a few ideas:
* Password protect laptops and tablets, or keep them out of reach, so that it is easy to monitor how much time children are spending online.
* Visit https://www.internetmatters.org/parental-controls/interactive-guide/ for help setting up parental controls on broadband, games consoles, and apps such as YouTube, Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
* Look at computer games’ PEGI ratings to see the recommended age restrictions. The symbols show you the reason why an age range has been chosen.
* Use safe search engines such as www.kidrex.com or www.safesearchkids.com
* www.internetmatters.org is a brilliant website which gives you information about how to keep children safe online. It has videos about the different apps which your child may be using, such as musical.ly and YouTube.
For more ideas and information, visit:
Jargon buster for chat online (‘Teen Speak’):
How to make ipads safe:
Youtube safety Mode:
Google Safe Search: