New Starter Information
Hello and welcome to our new Nursery and Reception children and parents who will be joining Rivington Foundation Primary School.
We are super excited about meeting your little people and welcoming them to our school. This is the beginning of a new adventure that we cannot wait to share with you all. We are looking forward to welcoming you as your child embarks on the next step in their educational journey.
We appreciate that starting school is such an important and special time for you and your child. We will keep this page on our website up to date with as much information as possible for you and we will upload Nursery and Reception starter documents. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our school community.
How parents take part in the setting
Our setting recognises parents as the first and most important educators of their children. The team see themselves as partners with parents in providing care and education for your child. There are many ways in which parents take part in making the setting a welcoming and stimulating place for children and parents, such as:
- Exchanging knowledge about their children’s needs, activities, interests and progress with the team.
- Helping at sessions of the setting.
- Sharing their own special interests with the children.
- Helping to provide, make and look after the equipment and materials used in the children’s play activities.
- Being part of the parent forum.
- Taking part in events and informal discussions about the activities and curriculum provided by the setting.
- Joining in community activities in which the setting takes part.
- Building friendships with other parents in the setting.
- Contributing to your child’s individual planning.